This is a wonderful version of strawberry shortcake. Yum!
On a specialized diet? This recipe works well for folks following a plant-based (vegetarian), vegan (using an egg substitute), dairy-free or gluten-free diet — and, of course, omnivores!
- 2 cups Nu Life Market’s Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter flavored palm shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together Nu Life Market’s Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter flavored palm shortening and sugar with a mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs until well mixed. Add in the flour and milk, alternating and beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Evenly distribute in muffin pan and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool.
- Serve with strawberries, or another one of your favorite fruits.