Peach and Tomato Salad
You might be wondering if peaches and tomatoes go together and we're here to tell you: Yes, they absolutely do! If summer had a taste, it would certainly be this fresh, sweet and savory salad. The goat cheese and bacon add an unexpected dimension, full of flavor and texture. We recommend enjoying it at peak season for the juiciest peaches and tomatoes. It's easy-to-make and a real crowd-pleaser!
On a specialized diet? This recipe can be customized to work for folks following a plant-based vegetarian (skip the bacon), vegan (skip the bacon and goat cheese) or gluten-free diet — and, of course, it works well for omnivores!
For the Salad
- 2 large ripe peaches, sliced
- 2 nicely ripened tomatoes, sliced and quartered, or substitute halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups baby arugula, or substitute baby spinach or baby kale
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese crumbles
- 2 slices cooked, crumbled bacon
For the Dressing
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar, or substitute white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well to emulsify.
- In a large bowl, toss the peaches, tomatoes, and arugula; divide mixture between two plates. Top each salad with goat cheese crumbles and bacon; drizzle each salad with prepared dressing, as desired.
This recipe was provided courtesy of Kansas Living Magazine through a partnership with From the Land of Kansas. Read the original recipe here.