Add some Asian flair to your table with this zesty dish. The garlic, ginger and red pepper will wake up your taste buds, while the veggies round it out for a satisfying meal that's hearty, but not too heavy. Enjoy!
On a specialized diet? This recipe works well for folks following a keto (skip the sugar and rice), dairy-free or gluten-free diet — and, of course, omnivores!
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespooons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cups bamboo shoots, edamame, baby corn, or water chestnuts
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Cut beef steak in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/8-inch strips. Toss beef with garlic and red pepper.
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef. Remove from skillet.
- Add garlic, green onions, oyster sauce, sugar and ginger to same skillet; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is hot. Return beef to skillet. Add bamboo shoots; cook and stir until bamboo shoots are hot. Serve over rice.
This recipe was provided courtesy of Kansas Beef. Read the original recipe.