Sometimes simple is best. These classic beef kabobs are easy on the chef, but sure to please any crowd.
- 1 pound beef top sirloin boneless steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 medium red, yellow, or green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Cut top sirloin boneless steak into 1-inch pieces. Combine seasoning ingredients in large bowl. Add beef, mushrooms, bell pepper pieces and onion pieces; toss to coat.
2. Alternately thread beef and vegetable pieces evenly onto eight 12-inch metal skewers, leaving small spaces between pieces.
3. Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill kabobs, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Season kabobs with salt, as desired.