Looking for a fun taco recipe? Look no further! These sweet and spicy pork tacos are just the ticket. The honey and chipotle will surprise you with sweet, smoky flavor that finishes up with a kick. And the marinade goes great in a variety of other dishes!
On a specialized diet? This recipe works well for folks following a low-carb diet — and, of course, omnivores!
- 1 pound boneless pork chops thinly-cut (1/2-inch thick), cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper (smoked or plain paprika can be used as an alternative)
- 8 small corn tortillas warmed
- 1 cup romaine lettuce shredded
- 1 cup pico de gallo *
- Light sour cream or crema to taste
* You can find prepared pico de gallo, typically a combination of onions, chiles, tomatoes, lime juice and cilantro, in the refrigerated section of the produce department in most major supermarkets.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the honey, olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce and ground chipotle pepper and whisk to combine. Add the sliced pork to the marinade and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the slices of pork to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, flipping with tongs in the middle of the cooking process. Once cooked, remove the pork to a plate and reserve.
- Arrange 8 corn tortillas on a platter. Sprinkle each with equal amounts of shredded lettuce and pico de gallo. Arrange a few pieces of pork on top of each taco, and top with sour cream or crema if desired.
Makes four servings of two tacos each.
This recipe was provided courtesy of Kansas Pork. Get more great pork recipes from their website, Eat Pork!