You had us at creamy! And then Italian chicken rotini just sealed the deal. We hope you love this easy dish as much as we do. It's a wonderful family dinner.
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed (may substitute boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds and membranes removed, diced
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced into strips
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil using the sauté setting on the pressure cooker. Add the cubed chicken, bell pepper, garlic, pepper and Italian seasoning, browning the chicken on all sides, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the sauté setting and pour the rotini pasta over the chicken. Add the broth, making sure it covers the pasta, and press it down gently with a spatula. Don’t stir.
- Lock the lid into place, turning the valve to the sealing position. Choose high pressure and set the cook time to five minutes.
- When the timer sounds, perform a quick release until all pressure is removed. Carefully unlock and remove the lid, gently stirring the ingredients inside.
- Add the cream and Parmesan, stirring gently once again. The sauce will thicken as the pasta cools.
- Garnish with fresh basil and additional Parmesan as desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at once.