This soup will warm your tummy. Tender beef and tangy cider make this a family-friendly and flavorful meal.
- 3-4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2-4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10-1/2 ounce can condensed French onion soup
- 2 cups apple cider (may substitute apple juice)
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces, approx 2 cups
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- Choose sauté setting; when electric pressure cooker (EPC) pot is hot, add bacon and cook until crisp; remove cooked bacon with slotted spoon to paper-towel-lined plate.
- Season stew meat with salt and pepper. Place flour into a shallow bowl, then toss stew meat in flour until all pieces are lightly coated. Choose sauté setting on EPC; when bacon drippings are hot, brown meat working in batches, removing each batch from EPC pot.
- Return browned beef to EPC pot; add soup, cider, sweet potatoes and cranberries. Lock EPC lid into place and choose high pressure setting for 30 minutes. When timer sounds, use a full natural release to allow all pressure to remove itself from the EPC.
- Unlock EPC lid; stir in reserved, cooked bacon. Season stew to taste with salt and pepper; serve at once.