Sweet, savory and easy — three things we love in a recipe! This simple, yet flavorful meal is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 pork tenderloins, approximately 1 pound each
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and spices; remove and reserve two tablespoons of this mixture. Add sweet potatoes, onion and melted butter to bowl; toss well to coat. Line a rimmed sheet pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Spread sweet potato mixture onto pan. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub pork tenderloins with the reserved 2 tablespoons of the seasoning mixture. Push sweet potatoes and onions to the sides of the sheet pan, placing the pork tenderloins in the center.
- Roast the pork tenderloins with potatoes and onions for 20-22 minutes or until tenderloins are 145 F at the center when tested with an instant-read meat thermometer, and sweet potatoes are fork-tender.
- Tent pork tenderloins with foil and let them rest for three to five minutes before slicing them into medallions.
- Serve with sweet potatoes and onions alongside.