Sometimes you just need some decadent comfort food. This tasty casserole is sure to be a hit with the entire family, especially the kiddos and the young-at-heart!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- ½ pounds center-cut sliced bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10.75-ounce can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 32-ounce package of frozen tater tots, thawed (There will be some left over.)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef until nicely browned and no pink remains; drain well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cooked beef, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese, soup and sour cream; spread prepared mixture into a greased 8”x8” baking dish. Top with tater tots, placing them in even rows over the filling, then gently spray tater tots with nonstick baking spray.
- Bake uncovered on center rack for 40 to 45 minutes, or until filling is hot and bubbly and tater tots are golden brown.
- Garnish with shredded cheese, chopped bacon and sliced scallions, if desired; serve at once.