If you're looking for a tempting treat that's on the healthy side, you can't go wrong with this recipe! The squash and salt brings the savory while the cinnamon and syrup bring the sweet for a perfect combo!
- 3 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teapoon cinnamon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread squash cubes over a greased baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine syrup with cinnamon then drizzle mixture over squash. Using two large spoons or spatulas, toss all ingredients together and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roast prepared squash on center oven rack, uncovered, for ten minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees F. and continue to roast squash another 20-25 minutes, or until squash is very fork-tender when pierced. Remove from oven and serve immediately or at room temperature, as desired.