Whether you roll out of bed bursting with energy or hitting the snooze button, breakfast — especially a deliciously filling one — can give you the power to tackle the day. Try whipping up a breakfast bowl packed with protein and flavor!
On a specialized diet? This recipe works well for folks following a paleo, keto (hold the potatoes), gluten-free, DASH or Mediterranean diet — and, of course, omnivores!
- 3 cups frozen potatoes
- 1 pound boneless cooked ham, chopped
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine potatoes and ham in a large bowl. Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with pepper; toss to coat. Spread evenly on a 15x10x1-inch baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven, stir in tomatoes; cool slightly.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add eggs to oil and reduce heat to low. Cook eggs for 3 to 4 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken.
- Divide potato mixture among 4 serving bowls. Top each with cheese, sliced avocado, and egg. Serve with salsa, if desired.