Cinnamon Monkey Bread
Who doesn't love a homemade tear-and-share treat? This monkey bread is perfect for a delicious and easy weekend breakfast, or can be given as a gift (see above, re: homemade treats). Using refrigerated dough keeps things simple and your stress in check. Enjoy!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cans refrigerated French Bread dough (11 ounces each)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a bundt pan.
- Melt the butter and pour into a small bowl.
- In a separate small bowl or shallow plate, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Open the packages of bread dough and cut each into 16 pieces (32 pieces total).
- Take each piece and dip it in the butter, roll in the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture and place into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the center pieces are no longer doughy.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, loosen the edges of the monkey bread from the pan with a knife, and flip onto a serving platter. Serve warm.
This recipe originally appeared on the Eat Wheat website and was provided courtesy of Kansas Wheat.