Roasting vegetables brings out an earthy flavor. Combine that with the sharpness of balsamic vinegar and the sweetness of brown sugar and you've got a winning combination! This simple recipe for roasted balsamic vegetables is bursting with flavor and super easy to make. Mix your favorite vegetables and this will become a favorite recipe in your rotation all year round.
- Three to five pounds of your family’s favorite veggies: onions, peppers, sweet potatoes, new potatoes, butternut squash, carrots, parsnips, turnips, etc.
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Minced garlic
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Chop veggies to approximately the same size, place on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in the oven and turn every 15 minutes. After 30 minutes, toss the mixture with vinegar, brown sugar and garlic. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.