Grilled Corn-Fed Beef Salad with Roasted Corn and Tomato Dressing
This mouth-watering salad is a great way to enjoy a variety of vegetables and protein from a juicy steak. Did you know the sweet corn we eat is different from the corn that cattle eat?
Steak & marinade:
- 1 Corn-fed flank steak
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt & powder
- Chopped green leaf or romaine lettuce
- 1 cup grilled sweet corn
- 1 cup chopped red and yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Tortilla strips
- 2 cups roasted or grilled tomatoes (try sweet cheery tomatoes)
- 1 cup roasted or grilled sweet corn
- ½ roasted or grilled sweet onion
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
Mix the marinade ingredients, and marinate the steak for up to 24 hours. Grill the steak until it reaches an internal temperature of at least 140 F. Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Grill the corn, tomatoes and onions. Remove from the grill and let cool for at least 5-8 minutes. Add the grilled ingredients to the food processor or blender with the Greek yogurt, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper. Blend, then add the olive oil until preferred consistency. Chill until serving.
Chop all the ingredients. Layer the lettuce, peppers, beef, cheese and top with tortilla strips. Drizzle on dressing and enjoy!