Mediterranean Beef and Veggie Wraps
These wraps might replace your favorite sandwich for a new, go-to lunch. Easy, portable and beefy, they're full of flavor and nutrients. Try them with hummus or the garlicky white bean spread.
For the Wraps
- 12 ounces cooked beef (such as steak, roast, pot roast or deli roast beef), thinly sliced
- 4 medium whole wheat flour tortillas (8 to 10-inch diameter)
- Hummus, any variety or Garlicky White Bean Spread (recipe below)
- Fresh salad greens (such as baby spinach, arugula, mixed salad greens or thinly sliced Romaine)
- Grape tomatoes (halved)
- Shredded carrots
- Red bell pepper strips
- Thinly sliced cucumber
- Thinly sliced red onion
For Garlicky White Bean Spread (optional, in place of hummus)
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great Northern or cannellini beans
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Wraps
Spread each tortilla evenly with hummus, as desired, leaving 1/4-inch border around edge. Top with equal amounts salad greens and vegetables, as desired. Top evenly with and beef slices. Roll up tightly.
For Garlicky White Bean Spread
Combine 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great Northern or cannellini beans, rinsed, drained, 2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon lemon juice,1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar, 1 small clove garlic, minced and ½ teaspoon salt in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.