Bring a taste of the Mediterranean to your table with this fresh, delicious and healthy steak salad. It's the perfect thing for a light and flavorful meal, while still being hearty. Your taste buds will be saying "Opa!"
On a specialized diet? This recipe works well for folks following a keto, gluten-free or Mediterranean diet — and, of course, omnivores!
- 1 (8 ounces) flat iron steak
- ½ cup Greek vinaigrette dressing
- 6 cups mixed greens
- ½ cup black soybeans, rinsed
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup cucumber slices, halved
- ¼ cup red onion rings, halved
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
- Place steak in resealable plastic bag with ½ cup dressing. Marinate for two hours in refrigerator.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard remaining marinade. Grill steak to desired doneness.
- Place mixed greens in large bowl, and toss with black soybeans, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, red onion rings and Kalamata olives.
- Place salad mixture on serving plates. Carve steak into thin slices across grain, and top salad. Top with feta cheese, and serve with additional vinaigrette dressing.