Apple (Pie) Bars
These bars are just what they sound like — Apple pie on the go! And, yes, they’re as delicious as they sound, too!
- 1 cup soy-flour blend
- ⅔ cup sugar, divided
- ½ cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons soy-flour blend
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced and peeled cooking apples
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Combine 1 cup soy-flour blend, ⅓ cup sugar and ½ cup margarine in medium bowl with pastry blender until crumbly. Reserve ½ cup mixture and set aside.
- Press remaining mixture into 8-by-8-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.
- Combine ⅓ cup sugar, 2 tablespoons soy-flour blend and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium mixing bowl; add apples and toss to coat.
- Spread coated apples over baked crust.
- Combine reserved mixture with ¼ cup brown sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon; spoon over apples.
- Bake 25–30 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool. Cut into bars.