We love all the flavors and tectures in these cookies. Apples, raisins and walnuts? Yes, please! And the vanilla glaze makes the perfect finish. We're ready for another batch!
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped apples
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Cream shortening, sugar and egg. Add half of the dry ingredients.
- Blend in milk and remaining dry ingredients.
- Add nuts, raisins and apples; mix.
- Drop on greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes and let cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze by mixing all ingredients together. Spread glaze over cooled cookies.
This recipe was provided courtesy of Nutrients for Life who teach us that all great recipes start with great ingredients, and great indegredients come from healthy, fertilized soil. Read the original recipe here.