Ooey, gooey cheese paired with hearty beef and zesty Mexican spices. What's not to love?! This delicious dip can be served as a starter or side to add some fiesta to your table!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 10 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup roasted corn kernels
- 14-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4-ounce can fire-roasted green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 scallions, chopped, for garnish
- ½ cup crushed tortilla chips, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium high heat, cook ground beef until cooked throughout and all pink is gone; drain fats. Stir in enchilada sauce, cream cheese, corn kernels, black beans, green chilies, cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes and one cup of cheese; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top mixture with remaining cup of cheese. Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly throughout.
- Remove from oven and garnish with scallions and crushed tortilla chips. Serve with additional tortilla chips or crackers, for dipping.