You can’t go wrong with beef, bacon and beer! Prepare your taste buds—this recipe is one delicious ride!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup beer
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 extra-thick slices maplewood smoked bacon, cut in half, cooked crisp
- Combine ground beef, beer and Worcestershire in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut-side down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese.
- Place burgers on bottom of buns and top with bacon slices. Close sandwiches.