Celebrate National Grilled Cheese Month with this new take on the traditional sandwich that will have your tastebuds living on the edge. Three mouthwatering cheeses together with peach jalapeno jam are a perfect combination!
For peach jalapeño jam:
- 3 tablespoons peach preserves
- ½ fresh jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 4 slices 12-grain bread
- 2 slices white Cheddar cheese
- 2 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 slices smoked Gouda cheese
- ½ small avocado, thinly sliced
- For peach jalapeño jam, combine peach preserves and jalapeño in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir mixture constantly until the preserves are melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- For sandwiches, preheat a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Butter one side each of 2 slices of bread. Turn buttered slices over, buttered side down, and spread jam over the second side of each bread slice. On top of jam side of each bread slice, layer 1 slice of white Cheddar cheese, 1 slice of Pepper Jack cheese, half the slices of avocado and 1 slice of smoked Gouda cheese. Spread jam on the 2 remaining slices of bread and place jam side onto the cheese. Spread remainder of butter on bread on top of sandwiches.
- Place sandwiches buttered side down in preheated pan. Partially cover with a lid, allowing steam to escape, and cook for 1½ to 2 minutes or until bread is toasted and browned. Flip sandwiches over with a spatula. Partially cover with a lid and cook for an additional 1 ½ to 2 minutes, watching carefully for the bread to brown and the cheese to melt. Remove lid and check for doneness. Remove sandwiches from heat and cut in half. Serve warm.