Celebrate National Grilled Cheese Month (or any month, really!) with this take on the traditional sandwich that will have your tastebuds living on the edge. The red pepper jelly gives this just the right amount of kick!
- Sourdough bread
- Red pepper jelly
- Sliced provolone cheese
- Sliced sharp cheddar
- Sliced ham
Preheat your favorite cast iron griddle.
For each sandwich:
- Spread two slices of bread with butter on one side, then slather butter with red pepper jelly.
- Top one slice of prepared bread with both cheeses and ham (on the side with the jelly and butter).
- Add second slice of bread to create sandwich.
- Spread mayonnaise on the outside of the sandwich (it gives superior browning).
- Place sandwich onto preheated griddle.
- Grill sandwich on both sides until very golden brown and hot throughout.
- Serve at once.