Barbecue Beef Biscuit Sliders
Barbecue and biscuits — you can’t go wrong with this winning combination!
- 1 beef tri-tip roast (1 ½ pounds)
- 1 cup hickory-flavored barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 18 baked low-fat buttermilk biscuits (about 2 to 2 ½-inch diameter), split
- ¾ cup crushed corn tortilla chips or homemade tortilla strips
- Combine barbecue sauce and chipotle peppers. Reserve ¾ cup sauce mixture. Brush some of remaining sauce mixture onto all sides of roast.
- Place roast on grid over medium, ash-covered coals or over medium heat on preheated gas grill. Grill, covered, 25 to 35 minutes for medium rare (135°F) to medium (150°F) doneness, basting roast with remaining sauce while grilling and turning occasionally.
- To prepare slaw, combine coleslaw mix, bell pepper, green onions, dressing and cilantro in medium bowl. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare or 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board and tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve roast across the grain into thin slices. Toss with reserved ¾ cup sauce.
- Evenly divide beef slices, coleslaw and tortilla strips among biscuits. Close sandwiches.