A crispy shell complements tender chicken and black beans in this easy-to-make dish. Finish it with the toppings of your choice.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black soybeans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (10 ounces) tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 package (1 pound) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package (1¼ ounces) taco seasoning
- 12 taco shells, warm
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, cabbage and cheese, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, salsa
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place black soybeans and mild green chilies in slow cooker.
Place taco seasoning on plate or plastic cutting mat. Coat chicken breast on both sides with taco seasoning. Lay coated chicken on top of black bean and green chilies mixture.
Sprinkle remaining taco seasoning over chicken.
Cook on high setting for 1½–2 hours until fork tender.
Remove chicken and let set about 10 minutes then slice or shred. Using slotted spoon, remove bean mixture to serving bowl.
To serve, fill taco shells with chicken and bean mixture and desired toppings.