This recipe makes three large quesadillas. cut them to your desired serving size for a filling meal or protein-packed snack for kiddos and adults alike!
- 1 lb. bacon or sausage, cooked and drained (if using sausage, crumble it as you cook it)
- Butter, for cooking quesadillas
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 flour tortillas
- Shredded cheddar cheese (I love Alma Creamery Cheddar)
- Your favorite toppings - guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add a tablespoon of butter; when butter is melted and hot, add onions, bell pepper, and jalapeño, cooking and stirring until vegetables are softened and beginning to caramelize. Remove veggies to a plate and reserve.
- Return the skillet to the burner over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt and pepper. Add a bit of butter to the skillet, then add the egg mixture, stirring and cooking until the eggs reach the desired consistency you prefer.
- To assemble the quesadillas, preheat a buttered griddle over medium heat; place a tortilla on the griddle, add a layer of cheese, a layer of cooked veggies, a layer of bacon slices or crumbles sausage (or both!), a layer of eggs, and a final sprinkling of cheese; top with a second tortilla.
- Cook on both sides, flipping carefully, until the cheeses are totally melted, filling is hot and tortillas are golden brown and a bit crispy. Repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Using your handy dandy pizza cutter, slice quesadillas into wedges and serve topped with your favorite toppings.
Now you're cookin!