Who doesn't love the ease of a one-pot pasta? We've got a delicious various with this one-skillet meal your family is sure to love!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 can (14 ½ oz.) beef broth
- 1 can (14 ½ oz.) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups whole grain penne
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Brown ground beef with diced onion in large skillet until no longer pink. Drain excess grease from skillet. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add beef broth and tomatoes to ground beef and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, stir pasta and add frozen broccoli. Cover and simmer for an additional 5-7 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Slowly stir in cream and Parmesan cheese. Heat through but do not allow to boil. Serve warm with a crusty French baguette and fresh fruit.
This recipe was provided courtesy of Eat Wheat and Kansas Wheat. Read the original recipe here.