This lean, protein-packed dish is perfect for a quick meal that is high on taste and low on fat!
- 1 pound pork tenderloin lean, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 8-ounce package sliced white mushrooms OR brown mushrooms
- 1½ cups chicken broth reduced-sodium
- 1 cup uncooked white and wild rice blend*
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs, herbes de Provence OR other dried herb blend
- 1½ cups frozen mixed vegetables thawed
- Salt and black pepper
*Note: To make sure they’ll be done at the same time, use an already-combined mixture of white and wild rice. Look for a blend that has a cooking time of about 20 minutes.
In a large skillet or sauté pan with a tight-fitting lid over high heat, combine pork, mushrooms, broth, rice, and herbs. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes.
Stir in mixed vegetables and continue to cook until liquid has absorbed, rice is tender, and pork is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.