This delicious recipe features chicken and kielbasa and can be made in a snap for your hungry family. Chef Alli uses one of her favorite kitchen tools with this one--her pressure cooker!
- Olive oil, for browning chicken and sausage
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 lb. pkg. smoked kielbasa sausage, (fully cooked) sliced on the diagonal into bite-size pieces
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups of heavy cream (or substitute half and half or milk, if you’d like, adding a bit of cornstarch slurry to thicken)
- 1 lb. small penne pasta
- 2-3 tsp. Cajun seasoning (Try Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning or your favorite blend!)
- freshly shredded parmesan cheese, as garnish
- chopped Italian parsley, as garnish
- Preheat pressure cooker (PC) pot to sauté or browning setting; add a drizzle or two of olive oil. When oil is hot, add chicken and brown on both sides; remove chicken to a plate. Add kielbasa sausage pieces to same pot, adding a bit more oil, if needed; brown sausage on both sides, then remove to the same plate with chicken.
- Add garlic to the drippings in the PC pot and cook for 30 seconds; add broth to garlic, along with penne pasta, stirring to combine. Lock PC lid into place and choose high pressure settng for 7 minutes. When timer sounds, do a quick-release of pressure, then carefully remove PC lid. Stir in cream, Cajun seasoning, and reserved meats; choose simmer setting on PC and simmer pasta just until cream has thickened a bit. Serve pasta garnished with parmesan, parsley, and an extra sprinkle of Cajun seasoning.
"This is really tasty." - Julie's Husband
Chef Alli shared this recipe during our Farm Fresh Cookin' segment on Facebook Live. Check it out here: