Ham, Kale, and Sorghum Soup
This wonderful, fresh, hearty soup is perfect for cold winter days!
- 1 cup Nu Life Market’s White Whole Sorghum Grain
- 4 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ minced onion (medium)
- 2 garlic cloves minced (medium)
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup chopped kale
- ½ cup diced ham
- ½ cup diced tomato
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the sorghum grain using 2 cups of the water in a pressure cooker at high pressure for 1 hour.
- While the sorghum is cooking, prepare the other ingredients. Using a medium-sized pot, sauté the minced garlic and onions in olive oil. Add the carrots, kale, ham, and tomatoes and continue sautéing for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Then add the cooked sorghum and stir gently to combine all ingredients. Add the remaining 2 cups of water, chicken broth, salt, and black pepper and cook for approximately 10 minutes on medium heat.