These quick and easy beef appetizers are as pretty to look at as they are tasty to eat. They’re sure to please your guests!
- 1 package (16 to 24 ounces) fully-cooked boneless beef pot roast with gravy
- ½ cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), defrosted
- 4 green onions, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into thin long strips
- Heat beef pot roast with gravy in microwave according to package directions. Remove pot roast from container. Discard gravy. Shred pot roast in large bowl with 2 forks. Stir in cheese. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 2 metal baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Unfold each puff pastry sheet onto lightly floured surface.
- Cut in half with sharp knife or pizza cutter to make four 10 X 4-3/4 inch rectangles.
- Working with 1 rectangle at time, place a long side in front of you. Place 1/4 of the beef mixture onto pastry, leaving a ½-inch border on the long side closest to you. Lay 1/4 of the green onion strips lengthwise over beef mixture. Roll up pastry jelly-roll fashion starting with long side opposite you. Brush water along border and seal pastry. Repeat with remaining pastry, beef mixture and green onions.
- Cut pastry rolls crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices, forming pinwheels. Arrange 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake in 400°F oven 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown, rotating pans halfway through baking. Transfer pinwheels to wire rack; cool slightly. Serve warm.
Total Recipe Time: 30 minutes
Makes 72 appetizers