If we could have pizza for every meal, well, don't tell, but we just might! Just one reason we're loving this amazing breakfast pizza recipe! (The other reasons? It's delicious, nutritious and easy!)
- 1 prepared whole wheat pizza crust
- 4 tablespoons fresh or jarred basil pesto
- 3-4 slices of bacon, cooked until browned and crispy, crumbled
- 1 ½ cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup baby spinach, torn
- 1 cup arugula, torn
- 5 eggs, cracked into separate ramekins to keep the yolk whole on top
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spread the pesto and evenly over the prepared crust.
- Top with the crumbled bacon, tomatoes and sliced mushrooms; spray these ingredients generously with olive oil spray.
- Bake pizza for 10 minutes, on the center rack, or until the tomatoes are softened slightly.
- Place the greens on top of the pizza, then make 5 “wells” in the greens, adding an egg to each “well”; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake the pizza for 5-7 minutes longer, or until the eggs are cooked to your preferred doneness. Serve warm.