With summer in full swing, your garden is (hopefully!) in full bloom. Wondering what to do with your bountiful cucumber harvest? We’ve got you covered with three easy pickle recipes.
- 1 quart wide mouth mason jar with lid or other large container
- 4 pickling cucumbers
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 8 sprigs fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water + more, as needed
- Quarter the cucumbers into four slices each, lengthwise, or cut into ¼ inch chips. Cut the garlic cloves into quarters
- In jar/container, combine peppercorns, sugar, kosher salt and vinegar. Tightly close the lid and shake vigorously until the sugar and salt dissolve. Add 1 cup water to mixture.
- Tightly pack the sliced cucumbers, sliced garlic, and sprigs of fresh dill into jar.
- Place the lid on the jar and screw on the ring until tight. Leave the jar in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours before serving. Pickles are best after 1-2 weeks. The pickles will last up to 12 months refrigerated.