- Freezer containers
- 1/3 pound or 4 cups cucumbers, sliced
- 3/4 pound or 2 cups onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoon table salt
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- Slice cucumbers into four slices each, lengthwise, or cut into ¼ inch chips. Slice the onions.
- Combine cucumbers, onions, salt and water in a bowl. Mix together and let stand for 2 hours.
- Drain cucumbers and onions. Do not rinse.
- Return cucumbers and onions to bowl and add the remaining ingredients, vinegar, sugar and dill seed. Mix together and let stand until sugar is dissolved.
- Pack cucumber and onion mix into containers and freeze. Remove from freezer and thaw when you are ready to enjoy!