Fall is a great time of year to explore Kansas, especially the farms! Take your family on a u-pick adventure and experience the fun of the farm firsthand! Many farms have fall celebrations and offer pumpkin patches, corn mazes, petting zoos and more. Plus, they'll often have fresh food or homemade treats like jams, jellies and breads for sale.
Don't know a farm near you? Don't worry! Here are some handy online listings to help you find a fun spot to visit.
Near Kansas City
If you're in the Kansas City area (or headed that way for a day trip), check out Kansas City on the Cheap's fall listings. Two of note are:
- Liberty Corn Maze takes their designs to the next level. Each year they feature a stunning design (when seen from above). Tickets are required and you must book in advance.
- Faulkner's Ranch features tons of fun for the family. They have yard games, wagon rides, plus ziplines and pony rides. And, if you're hungry, enjoy some squash or other fall foods.
Don't worry, Wichitans! We've got you covered, too.
- Marietta Farm in Andover is a great spot for more adventurous families. They have cannons to shoot corn and pumpkins, plus a pumpkin slingshot! Don't worry. They are more tame activities like a corn pit and inflatable bouncer for younger kids. Tickets are required for certain activities.
- Applejack deserves special callout for their Gourdinator, a fun (and safe!) way for older kids to fire on festive gourds! They also feature fall favorites like hayrides and a petting zoo.
Need more ideas? These two lists can help you find a great selection of pumpkin patches, corn mazes and other fall festivities for 2019:
Looking for fall fun in other areas? Have no fear! There's plenty to entertain throughout Kansas.
- Britt's Farm: This Manhattan staple is known for their fall fun with hayrides, bonfire and a scary corn maze.
- Gary's Berries: Now in their 26th year of business, this farm near Topeka has a fall festival with games, pumkpins a corn maze and more!
- Pa's Pumpkin Patch: If you're near Hays, get ready for things to get spooky at this haunted corn maze!
Get more ideas on interesting and interactive places to visit from There's No Place Like Kansas. This statewide database lets you search by region, city or term like "pumpkin" or "winery." (We won't judge!)