Looking for a healthy breakfast idea? Well, look no further! These whole wheat and soy pancakes are sure to please!
Soy Flour Blend
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup soy flour
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups soy flour blend
- 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soy beverage, plain or vanilla
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup “whole wheat and soy pancake mix” (above)
- Blueberries or mini chocolate chips: Scatter on top of pancake batter in skillet or griddle.
- Banana or Apple: Use ½ cup mashed banana or ½ cup grated apple and mix prepared fruit into 1 cup batter to make 4 pancakes.
- Combine white whole wheat flour, soy flour blend, oatmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Using a whisk, mix until thoroughly combined.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
- Combine soy beverage, vegetable oil, and egg in large bowl.
- Whisk to blend.
- Add whole wheat and soy pancake mix; whisk just until blended.
- Brush skillet or griddle lightly with vegetable oil and heat to a medium heat.
- Pour ¼ cup batter onto griddle or hot skillet; cook until bubbles begin to form and then flip.
- Continue cooking for 1–2 minutes or until lightly brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
*Makes eight 4-inch pancakes