Looking for something new to serve during tailgate parties, picnics or family gatherings? This beef recipe is sure to please the taste buds!
- 1 beef bottom round roast or beef chuck center roast (2 1/2 to 3 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup whiskey
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 cups each shredded carrots and diced granny smith apple
Place roast in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 quart slow cooker. Combine whiskey, 1/4 cup vinegar, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, molasses, salt and pepper; pour over roast. Cover and cook on high 4 to 6 hours or on low 8 to 10 hours, or until beef is fork-tender.
Remove roast from slow cooker. Shred with 2 forks. Skim fat from sauce as needed. Return beef to slow cooker.
To make the slaw: Combine remaining 2 tablespoons cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and mustard in large bowl. Add carrots and apples; mix well. Season with salt and black pepper as desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve beef with slaw.
Total Recipe Time: High 4½ hours or low 8½ hours
Makes 8 servings