Sorghum is an ancient grain that's all the rage these days.
This salad highlights the whole grain and is packed full of vegetables and topped with a zippy vinaigrette. It tastes great, and will give you that boost of nutrition your body needs to power through the day.
Add cooked shredded or chopped chicken, and you have a delicious dinner salad.
- 1 cup NuLife Pearled Sorghum, cooked until al dente (about 40-45 minutes) in four cups broth, drained and rinsed (or cook pearled sorghum in pressure cooker on high setting for 15-20 minutes, using a natural pressure release.)
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 English cucumber, skin on, seeded and diced
- 2 scallions, green and white parts, thinly sliced
- 1 cup edamame
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup freshly chopped mint
- ¼ cup freshly chopped Thai basil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice from 3-4 limes
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Whisk or shake vinaigrette ingredients together until well combined; taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Toss all salad ingredients together in a serving bowl; drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette and serve.