Looking for some hearty comfort food? Look no further. Add a simple salad for an easy and satisfying meal, or serve this as a filling Super Bowl snack.
- 8 ounces soy sour cream
- 8 ounces soy cream cheese
- 16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped ham
- ½ pound bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1½ pounds rounded bread loaf, hollowed out
Combine soy sour cream, soy cream cheese, grated cheddar cheese, green chilies, green onions, ham and bacon in a mixing bowl until blended. Spoon mixture into the hollowed-out bread loaf. Bake at 350 F uncovered for one hour or until nicely browned.
Makes about 6 cups of filling.
- Butter and toast the “lid” and inside of the hollowed-out bread and serve them along with the filling.
- Make vertical cuts into the wall of the bread after it bakes, or tear the bread, to dip in the filling.
Nutrition per serving (2 Tablespoons or 32 g): 95 calories, 8 g fat, 0 fiber, 3 g saturated fat, 0.47 g trans fat, 1 g carbohydrates, 17 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 5 g protein, 1 mg vitamin C, 0.07 mg iron, 77 mg calcium
Source: Jane Fry, Elk Falls (Kansas State Fair soyfoods-judging entry)