Simply put, this is beef at its best. A simple rub with chili powder, garlic and brown sugar adds a special touch.
- 2 to 4 beef T-Bone or Porterhouse steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 2 to 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Combine BBQ Rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks.
Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, for 11 to 16 minutes. For gas grills, cook over medium heat on preheated gas grill, for 15 to 19 minutes. Turn occasionally. This should give you a medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness. Remove bones and carve steaks into slices, if desired. Season with salt, as desired.