There's nothing like dinner like way grandma use to make! And if your grandma didn't make chicken and biscuits, do yourself a favor and learn how to make this ultimate comfort food. Your whole family will thank you!
- 1-2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, diced
- 2-3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (or 2 pounds cooked chicken breasts or thighs)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 roll refrigerated biscuits
- Melted butter, for brushing biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter; sauté onion and bell pepper in butter until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine onion and bell pepper mixture with chicken, soup, sour cream, mayonnaise, milk and peas.
- Place mixture into a greased 11”x7” baking dish; bake uncovered on center rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Arrange biscuits in a single layer over the cheese and filling, then gently brush them with a bit of melted butter.
- Return casserole to oven and bake until biscuits are golden brown and sauce is bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes longer.