Love holiday baking, but need to go gluten-free? These great holiday cookies are made with sorghum!
- 2 ¼ cups Nu Life Market Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour with sorghum
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soda
- ¾ cup butter flavored palm shortening
- 1 cup white sugar, plus an additional ¼ cup for rolling
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup of molasses
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl whisk together Nu Life Market Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour, ginger, cinnamon, clove, salt, and soda. Set aside.
- With a mixer, beat 1 cup of white sugar and butter flavored shortening in a separate large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat well. Stir in water and molasses. Slowly add the flour mixture, mixing until well combined.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll them in the remaining ¼ cup of sugar.
- Place cookies on an ungreased baking sheet two inches apart and bake for 8-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Then move them to a wire rack and allow them to cool.