These Multigrain Muffins are our favorite! They make a moist, delicious and soy-healthy snack for your kiddos!
Soy Flour Blend
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup soy flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup soy flour blend
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup flax meal
- ¼ cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries*
- 1 cup soymilk, plain or vanilla
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3 ounces soft tofu
*Other options: ½ cup grated apple, or ½ cup mashed banana
- In a mixing bowl, combine white whole wheat flour, soy flour blend, brown sugar, flax meal, oatmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Add blueberries, and stir to coat lightly with flour mixture.
- In second mixing bowl or large measuring mixing cup, combine soymilk, vegetable oil and egg.
- Using a sieve over the measuring cup, press the tofu through the sieve; blend with liquid ingredients.
- Add liquid mixture to dry mixture, and stir until moistened.
- Place batter in greased muffin tins or muffin tins lined with paper liners.
- Bake at 400°F for 18–22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
Makes 12 muffins.