- Sourdough bread
- Red pepper jelly
- Sliced provolone cheese
- Sliced sharp cheddar
- Sliced ham
Preheat your favorite cast iron griddle.
For each sandwich:
- Spread two slices of bread with butter on one side, then slather butter with red pepper jelly.
- Top one slice of prepared bread with both cheeses and ham (on the side with the jelly and butter).
- Add second slice of bread to create sandwich.
- Spread mayonnaise on the outside of the sandwich (it gives superior browning).
- Place sandwich onto preheated griddle.
- Grill sandwich on both sides until very golden brown and hot throughout.
- Serve at once.