If you’re curious about what happens on a farm or where your food comes from, check out “A Day at the Ranch” in April!
This daylong tour showcases several farming and ranching operations in the Flint Hills area near Wichita. And while we love sharing stories here about life on the farm, there’s nothing like experiencing it for yourself.
You and your kids will climb on tractors, enjoy baby farm animals, and learn about where your food comes from…from the very people who make it! It’s a great combination of learning and fun. Snap pictures, pet animals and ask lots of questions. No food topic is off limits. In fact, these farmers and ranchers love having the opportunity to talk about their livelihoods. You’re guaranteed to have an eye-opening day!
Oh, and you’ll also get to enjoy tasty homemade snacks and maybe even sip a little wine along the way!
There are two ways to enjoy the tour:
- Bus Ride: Ride along with your hosts for a more immersive experience. Be regaled with interesting facts that accompany the scenery. The bus ride includes snacks, treats and even some wine at the end of the day. Adults and children over the age of 10 are allowed on the bus (although no wine for anyone under 21!).
- Caravan: If you have young kids, or a hectic schedule, you can still enjoy the trip by caravanning along. You can follow the bus in your own vehicle, and you’ll also get treats and goodies!
The tour was created three years ago by Jamie Lindamood of Lindamood Ranch and the Greenwood County CattleWomen, and by Matt Perrier of Dalebanks Angus as a way to connect Kansans with the food they eat and the people who produce it.
This is a great tour to take with your BFF, significant other, entire family—well, anyone, really! So, bring your family and friends out to the beautiful Flint Hills to learn more about the hows and whys of Kansas agriculture!
Interested in going?
- Read our recap from the 2017 trip
- Email Jamie at email@example.com
- Message Jamie on Facebook
- Learn more or buy tickets